Five Reasons Why Programming Projects Are Good For Resumes
Here are five reasons why you should consider completing independent programming projects to showcase on your resume:
- Skills & Experience: You will show employers that you have hands-on experiences in the programming languages & frameworks they expect you to know for the job description.
- Creativity & Problem-Solving: As projects consist of a solution which requires creative thinking & problem solving to devise, your ability to think outside the box & devise innovative solutions will be shown in your projects.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Some projects require work to be delegated across a team of people to get the job done more efficiently. Projects can tell the employer you have what it takes to work with clients or stakeholders on the job.
- Initiative & Passion: Employers will see that you have a love for programming & a passion for being challenged. They will see your perseverance as you work through problems, making you a top candidate for the job.
- Examples: Projects are examples of your accomplishments throughout your programming career or your computer science studies. They show employers what you've been able to achieve so far & what you're capable of achieving.